Senior Electrical Engineer (KMSIN MAR 2014)Kongsberg - Singapore
KONGSBERG, an international technology corporation that delivers advance and reliable solutions that improve safety, security and performance in complex operations, and during extreme conditions. KONGSBERG works with demanding customers in the global defence, maritime, oil and gas and aerospace industries.
Kongsberg Maritime, a wholly owned subsidiary of KONGSBERG. We deliver systems for dynamic positioning and navigation, marine automation and more to offshore and shipyard industries. We are committed to meeting our customers' expectation with innovative and reliable solutions to their merchant marine, offshore, subsea, and oil & gas needs.
As we continue to grow and expand, we are searching for several qualified candidates to further strengthen and develop our global team. Come join our team of extra-ordinary professionals who are committed to provide work excellence. We can offer an exciting career in an international and creative environment.
Technically astute with regards to instrument & automaton engineering and integration solutions
Develop instrument engineering analysis, drawings and documentation
Participate in design and specifications of instrumentation systems
Block diagrams, earthing termination diagrams, mounting details for racks and equipment, I/O schedule, P&ID tagging
- Cause & Effect diagrams, Fire & Gas detection layouts, safety engineering and loop schematics.
Write specifications for simple instrumentation systems and equipment related to the Company’s products
Write procedures specifying actions to be taken for any unusual/special removal, maintenance and overhaul of instrumentation systems and equipment designed
Deliver instrument engineering solutions according to the project specification , class, rules and regulations
Delivery of engineering solutions that are standard solutions in the Kongsberg library
Responsible for all interfaces with third party equipment’s related to instrument & automation packages
Responsible for adherence to the QHMS requirements with respect to instrument engineering and delivery of correct engineering documentation (e.g. deliverables within budget, quality & planned timeframe)
Any other associated tasks and responsibilities assigned from time to time.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering with at least over 12 yrs of experience in Marine Offshore / Maritime Industry Projects.
- Working experience in design and engineering team for conceptual studies, FEED & EPC phases for topsides & marine systems
- Experience in designing and completing E house projects for topsides projects for FPSO/LNG
- Relevant experience in engineering design, application, testing or commissioning environment, with experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Electrical power generation and distribution systems for topsides and marine vessels;
- DP Class configuration for Electrical Systems
- LV / HV switchgear and transformer specification and application;
- LV and MV synchronous generators and their associated control systems (AVRs, speed governors etc.);
- Induction and synchronous motors and their control systems;
- Propulsion / thruster variable speed drive control systems and associated automation;
- Power system control and protection;
- LV and MV variable speed drives and motors;
- Marine electrical power and propulsion systems.
- The ability to perform power system studies such as:
- LV & MV Protection & Co-ordination;
- Voltage drop / dip calculations;
- Load flow and fault studies;
- Harmonic (VTHD) calculations;
- MV & LV power system cabling (cable selection, rating etc.);
- Power Management Systems (PMS) or SCADA systems and their associated interfaces.
- Experience of system integration working on multi-discipline projects.
- On site commissioning of large projects.
- Conversant with international codes and standards like IEC, IEEE, ANSI, NORSOK, DNV, LLYODS & ABS.
- Capable of leading a multi-cultural international team, when appointed as Lead Engineer to the project and also contribute to the lead if part of the team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good personal organisational skills.
- Experience in preparation of specifications, material requisitions and procurement of electrical equipment’s like power generators, switchgear, drives, motors, thrusters, etc.for offshore vessels
- Experience in design & preparation of functional description / power management etc.
- Familiar with construction design work and 3D modelling design steps/procedures.
- Conversant with international codes and standards like IEC, IEEE, ANSI, NORSOK, DNV, LLYODS & ABS. An understanding and working knowledge of the ATEX Directives, and the installation of electrical equipment in hazardous areas
The position reports to EPC Project Department Manager (Singapore).
Job type : Full-time
Working hours : Mon to Fri: 0900 hrs to 1800 hrs
Working days : 5 days
Location of work place : 81 Toh Guan East Road, #04-01 Secom Centre,
If you are up to the challenge, send us your CV, tell us how you can make a difference, and we will be in touch soon. Working location will be in Singapore.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
- Senior Engineer (Electrical/Mechanical) - Singapore
- EPCIndex - Singapore
- Randstad - Singapore