Senior Editor (Project Editing)Marshall Cavendish International (S) Pte Ltd - Singapore
Marshall Cavendish is an international publisher of books, directories and magazines in print and digital formats. With an extensive global network, Marshall Cavendish publishes in 13 different languages, encompassing a wide variety of interests ranging from home and library references, education and business information.
A publisher of choice and winner of numerous awards and accolades, Marshall Cavendish remains committed to its customers - bringing innovative, authoritative and attractive value-added products created by its rich pool of international talent.
Marshall Cavendish is a member of Times Publishing Limited.
Senior Editor (Project Editing)
- Project management: Manage budget, schedule and quality of final product.
- To coach and guide to a small team of junior editors.
- Supervise and manage quality of copy-editing and proofreading.
- Ensure implementation of set processes and standards for project management, copy-editing and proofreading.
- Manage projects with third party providers e.g. copy-editing agencies and digital production houses.
- Communicate and manage production values and expectations on a project basis with internal stakeholders.
- Min 5 years’ editorial experience in educational publishing, with at least 2-3 years in copy editing and project management.
- Skilled project manager and copy-editor, familiar with the publishing and copy-editing process, requirements and standards.
- Strong leadership and problem-solving skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Excellent English language skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to work with other publishing functions (both internal and external) to deliver the goods.
- International outlook with an ability to work across cultures and geographies.
- Knowledge of media products will be advantageous.
We would like to meet you if you have what it takes to deliver the role!
Related job searches
Senior Editor jobs in Singapore
- Property Guru - SingaporeHave editorial responsibility for The PropertyGuru, Singapore’s twice-per-month property newspaper with a monthly circulation of more than 100,000...2 days ago - save job - - more...
- McGraw-Hill - SingaporeAbility to effectively manage and develop price reporting coverage in the region Exceptional energy, tenacity and ambition to excel in a fast-paced news...about 1 month ago - save job - - more...
- Platts - SingaporeShowcase your passion for writing and analysis. Platts is looking for a results-driven Senior Editor who is comfortable working with people at all levels. Key...McGraw Hill Financial Recruitment - about 1 month ago - save job - - more...
Marshall Cavendish International (S) Pte Ltd jobs
- Marshall Cavendish International (Singapore) Pte Ltd - SingaporePro-actively hun for targeted market(s) and categories and establish business relationship via sound...market research. • Conduct product training for both internal colleagues and international partners...JobStreet Singapore - about 1 month ago - save job - - more...